We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak DC240 Camera - Compact Flash capacity?

kwil2

Likes # 0

By happy accident, I've just discovered a camera I thought had gone walkabout in a house move ages ago - the Kodak DC240.
Because of the above, I never got round to using it once so it's brand-new and still works perfectly.
However, it uses Compact Flash memory cards and came with one 8 and one 16Mb (that's MEGABYTES...I know, I know!)
Clearly, things have moved on considerably capacity-wise, so can anyone tell me if my Kodak can handle higher capacity CF cards?
I've searched Kodak's website and the camera's still listed (!) but I can't find any info on media capacity.
I'd appreciate any help or suggestions...
Many thanks

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

click here

Extract

"Picture Quality: Select one of three settings: Good, Better, and Best. Of course, as you move from Good to Best, more space is needed on the picture card to store the image. The Good setting is more than adequate to capture images for online sharing. In high resolution mode (see below), the picture quality settings correspond to the following file sizes:
Best: Stores about 3 images per 1 MB of storage space.
Better: Stores about 4 images per 1 MB of storage space.
Good: Stores about 7 images per 1 MB of storage space."

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi..thanks to you all for taking time to reply.
The manual doesn't give any hint of capacity...but the fact the Fuji at 512Mb can handle 100's is interesting...
Since the Kodak has 'come back' from nowhere, I feel I owe it to myself to use it as much as possible now.
It's a very comfortable and slick-looking camera, much more solidly-built than many current cameras.
I'm now just wondering if it's possible to find 'low' capacity cards these days, since I've never seen them around for a long time.
Many thanks

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

click here

is selling CF cards purporting to fit the DC240 in all sorts of sizes. I use a 512mb card in my Fuji and get several hundred pictures on it.
As the DC240 is only 1.3mp you probably won't need anything much bigger than the cards you have.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

This site is most useful to all thing digital and has a forum- just like PCA
Give it a whirl
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'