We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photographs from iPlayer

Border View

Likes # 0

I recently watched a programme on BBC. To watch it again I downloaded it onto iplayer.

There are several scene of an old pit village on the programme and I would like to capture still photographs of them.

Is this possible and if so how do I do it please?

Like this post
jack O'lantern

Likes # 0

Tasks - that can have many pit falls.
Here is the basic way
You will need an image editor- If you do not have one Windows built in 'Paint will do at a pinch.
This is what you do'
Open the Editor and send to bottom task bar
Get the image you require to screen
With the image on screen press CTRL and PRINT SCREEN together.
Now open the Editor and go to EDIT- Then 'Paste as New Image'
As an alternative Print Screen and Alt will do similar
One gives just the image the other gives the whole desktop with the image .
There are free programs that automate this, one such is Gadwin Print screen.Free to Download.

How ever I said pitfalls some images especially 'Live internet images' cant be downloaded in this way.
Is Iplayer one? - you will have to suck it and see

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Many thanks for responding - I shall give it a go tomorrow morning and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

A good tip. I tried it using a small Media Centre live TV programme. Paint reproduced the desktop. Photoshop CS5 did not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects