We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Watch free to view via Sky

Hetti

Likes # 0

Hi all
I have an old sky reciever and satilite dish which gets the basic channels and is used in a bedroom.

My question is is there any way I can view channels like Dicovery/Crime Scene Investigation/History/and yesterday, on it without a subscription.

Im not sure if they are covered on Freeview or freesat.
I did search myself before posting but found the whole thing confusing.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks guys

dms-5
The comparison chart link is broken.
The Sky option looks good but unfortunatly the channels I like are not there.
i might still buy the card from Sky though.

It seems as if the programes I want are only available if I buy a subscrition.

BRYNIT
Thanks for the info

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Sorry I should have said your existing equipment is already a Freesat from Sky set up and you can see all the channels available there. Have you upgraded to the new white Sky Viewing Card to allow you access to FTV (Free to View Channels which require decrypting but no subscription - these are only available via Sky). If you haven't then a one off payment of £25 will allow access to these channels which ARE listed in the Freesat from Sky listing.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

A comparison chart click here

Note that channels come and go on Freesat so don't take this as 100% accurate.

One further option is Freesat from Sky which may be cheaper to install than Freesat and doesn't have a monthly subscription once you've bought the equipment. It also gives access to a few additional channels over Freesat click here

However you will have to pay a subscription to watch a subscription channel. The Freesat from Sky option allows you an upgrade path at a later stage if you wish to go that route.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

A list of freesat channels click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad