We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New 37 inch TV?

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi I am after a new 37inch TV £700(Limit)

Although picture quality has to be good sound quality is also very important to me.

I do not want to have separate speakers other wise the TV would possible be in the £500 bracket and I dislike extra speakers cluttering up under the telly.
(if I have to that way I will as last resort)

LCD Back lit is what I want in the way of a new TV,

There are a few sites that give info on the top Ten TVs but sound seems to take a back seat, whilst the pic quality and future proof and connections etc are given a good airing.

No one wants a poor pic quality but sound is important I have been using wireless head phones for years that are the best around, but i now want rid of them.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Should have also said please point me to sites of reviews etc.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I think your going to have to do your own homework.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Saw this in Comet - looked great. Has both freeview and freesat HD tuners built in.Just in your budget.

click here

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I suggest you go into a branch of Currys/Dixons, have a look around and ask any questions you may have.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

ßeta
Useless kind of remark.
(I think your going to have to do your own homework)
--------------------------
If we all gave that remark then what would the point be of all the Forums, Compare prices, Topic Zones, here at PCA

I will search and help people with a problem as many other people do, until an answers can be found that may be useful and sort out a problem.

I have been searching for two days now.

I am not asking anyone to do the work for me.

I am hoping that people could pass on any information they have knowledge of on TV sites and recommendations.

PCA is one of the best sites I know where help can be gained and an edge into buying wisely, by anyone who may be doing the same as myself no matter what the subject.

john bunyan
Thanks for the Link.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Did you read the last review on that link..??

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

ams4127
Sound idea to make make notes for my needs and ask questions and compare TVs at stores thank you.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

My apologies.

However there are so many TV's out there and all your going to get on this forum is a load of people saying "I have this TV and it Sounds Great".

Sound is a very personal thing and the only real way your going to know if the sound on a TV meets your expectations is to actually go and listen to the set.

Personally for Quality Sound, I use an Onkyo TX-NR1008 AV Receiver and a 7.1 set of Kef's 3005SEW's Speakers to listen to my TV viewing. That would seem overboard on these forums but that what meats my expectations.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

*Following a one off installation payment for Freesat services whereas for Freeview HD you will need to ensure coverage is available in your local area.

ßeta
Yes its info like this to be aware of and to check and make sure what payments are and if in fact is usable in my area .
No point spending money on what cant be viewed a good point has been found from the Link.

Thanks for making sure I had seen it.

Like this post
jellyhead

Likes # 0

I have used this site as a starting point for information in the past.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015