We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

canon printer

chass

Likes # 0

HI,Canon PIXMA mp130/110. printer stopped working last night and in the window came up "waste ink absorber almost full". Have not got a manual and can't print one off (printer not working) help please thanks Chass

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Instructions for removing, cleaning and re-setting the ink pads click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had a MP760 with this problem after 3.5 years. I followed the onthelimit route,; warning stopped but in the end a load of black ink seeped out on to my wooden desktop. I had a quote of £120 to change the pads (Labour I guess as the pads are cheap) It was only a little dearer to buy a new machine. If you Google and follow up , there are those who claim to have been able to get the pads out and washed in running water. I wish the designer had put in an external waste in tank or made it easier, but I guess this is built in obsolescence.

Like this post
onthelimit

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...