We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV with PVR capability

Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I’m planning to replace our ageing Panny 32” LCD. One feature I really want is a TV – doesn’t matter whether plasma or LCD – that allows you to hook up a high capacity USB disk and use it as a PVR. In other words, the TV itself has a PVR capability but without an internal hard drive. I know they’re about – but I’m struggling to find any. Can someone point me in some right directions?

The reason, by the way, is that right now, we have an external PVR, but we’re sick of messing with two remotes.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Samsung C8000 range.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thanks ßeta. Those look a little more than I wanted to pay... :-( Anyone aware of anything around the 37"/£500 mark?

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

I could name several, however there not in the £500 mark.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thanks ßeta. It looks like it may be a functionality that's only included in top spec/large screen models, then. I may have to continue with what I've got at present.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Then buy a universal remote. You can program them to replace most remotes.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Good thought, Kevscar.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?