We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which printer would fit these requirements?

Arctic Jack

Likes # 0

Hello,

I’ve never bought a printer before and I know next to nothing about them. I have around £200 to spend and will be mainly using it to print documents and colour images (not photos). If it can print quality photo’s that would be good too. I’m not sure if it’s possible but if it can print on card that would be advantageous as well.

I’d also like something that is not going to annihilate the ink. It needs to be cost effective but doesn’t compromise quality too much. This will be a printer for home usage so it won’t need to be churning out vast amounts of documents and may go a few days/weeks without printing anything at all.

Need:

1. Good quality documents
2. Good quality images
3. Cost effective ink usage
4. Single refillable colour ink cartridges
5 Is capable of reliably accepting cheaper generic ink cartridges
6. Large capacity ink cartridges.

Would like:

1. Being able to print on card
2. Can produce decent quality photographs
3. Scanner/copier.

All this for around £200 would be awesome. I am using a PC with windows Vista if that information is needed.

Thank you for your help.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

have a look on Epson's site. Been using them for longer than I can remember. You can get a good one that will do what you want for less than £100. They will print good quality A4 photos using compatible inks and you can pick up 10 cartridges for around £30.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have this one , whicj ticks all your boxes.(Including high quality scanning, wireless, etc)(Canon MP640)
click here#

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide