We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

photo item removal

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have many free photo manipulation software sites also serif and photoshop 5, and what I am asking is, how can I remove a person or an item on one photo and re-introduce it to another photo so that I now have a photo for example with 2 people on one photo but from different photos altogether.
Hope you get my drift, thanks.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, just want to thank you both for your help, and have now bookmarked the Manuel that I need,now have to try and carry out the project, thanks again.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you are using Photoshop this may help click here

Other tutorials for Photoshop click here

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Did you read the first line?

I gave you the simple method there are other ways, but you still need to initially make the selection using the tool/s of your choice, such as the lasso tool, magic wand or the Eraser.

Once you have made the selection. go to "Edit" this is the heading in PS for a number of tools such as "Copy" "Paste"

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, i wish to remove the actual item by hand with some type of tool, and transfer it this way, i do not think that the edit will do this?

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

use the selection tool of your choice and select the object/person you want to move

Then do Edit>Copy

Open up the image you want to move the selection to and do Edit>Paste.

You will now have your selection in the new image. Now drag the object to the required position.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote