We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phone not receiving texts from 1 sender only.

Loracthims

Likes # 0

Hi there. My mum's Vodafone mobile can send me texts, but my O2 mobile texts are not getting through to her - either by replying or sending whole new text. We have both checked with other friends and seem to be able to receive and send texts from/to others.
O2 online chat help checked my account and said it was fine - said it was mum's phone's fault.
I have had my phone for 18 months - no problems. Mum has had hers for about 8 months. Problem just started yesterday (although, the day before, she sent me a couple of texts that about 5 hours to get to me - I was blaming the bad weather!). Have emailed Vodafone for help but have a horrible feeling they'll just blame it on my phone :(

Can anyone explain what might be going on, or advise? Much appreciated.

Carol.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Try sending to the +44 version of your mobile number
eg 078888888888 cecomes +447888888888

If that fails to work then you need to contact the sending mobile numbers network initially explain the issue. If you could give them some more examples of O2 to vodafone sms failures that would strngthem your case.

It could be someone has made a change on O2 regarding your specific vf number range.

By contact both O2 and vf you should hopefully get a result.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger