We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wanted phone with BIG buttons

woody

Likes # 0

My wife needs a phone which is just that - a phone!
I have a Sony which does everything but make dinner that is only carried in case I need to summon help for her.
Now time is marching on and I asked her to try the phone in case she needs to help me!
After a days training she managed to make a call in just under 30mins!
The Sony is tiny and she can not use the buttons - not even using a pointer like a pen.
I have seen the 99pence at the local phone shop (on paper) each time I go they have just sold out or they will be in next day - but they could show me one a bit more expensive!
I am guessing when they do not have them they are 99p when they have them they are £50 - joke.
My question - I need a phone with large buttons and it does not have to be activated every 5 mins?
I understand you only need to activate Virgin once a year.
The 99p phone is listed on the internet but although I do buy quite a bit over the wire I do not particularly fancy buying a phone this way.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Just an aside - we did have a perfect phone which was given to us by a bank but it stopped working because (we were told) the satellite gradually came back to earth!
But it was a good phone.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Thank you for your comment.
The phone is only for emergency use by my wife and as I have already told my doc not to resuscitate me £50 upwards is a bit too rich!
When I state "activate" I am not up to the tech words for phones - the Sony has to be used "activate" every couple of mths and we forget to make a call so when I come to use it guess what - even with a lot of credit on the phone - it does not work!
I will resign myself to thinking all this new tech is not the step forward it should be.

Like this post
dastardly mutt

Likes # 0

Try here.
click here=

Expensive if you are looking at the 99p phone as a prospect but these are not tied to any provider.

BTW, the phone does not need to be activated but to keep your keep your SIM card active, you do have to make a chargeable call, periodically.

Pleas note, I'm not recommending this retailer

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow