We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New mobile phone

catpwss

Likes # 0

Hi,thinking of getting a new phone for my wife for xmas,it will have to be one that she can put her sim into the new one.She only wants a phone to talk call & send text to people.Now we have heard of so many ideas regarding cheap & expensive ones.
So I need help is it wise to buy an expensive one or a cheeeppy one??.What would be the best plan of action taking in mind of the old saying 'Buy cheap buy twice'.Any help here please.Thanks.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

I would stick with a Nokia and one with a camera - like my girlfriend who only wanted to talk and text - once she had a camera phone she thought it was brilliant ...

I would start here

click here

Pic a phone ( sim free ) with the pice and spec you want.

Recommendation ?

Nokia N6303 Classic Sim Free Mobile Phone

click here £95

search the web for cheaper - good solid phone

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

For whay you are after you can get a good make quite cheap as it will be a basic model.

If you go for an unlocked one it will cost more than just going for pay and go with the same network that she has now but just put her sim in.

click here a selection ftrom ASDA

click here selection from Argos

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more