We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can someone help me with my tv please??

Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

Hello,

Sorry to be the sort of person to just jump on here with a question, but im having trouble with my television.

Its a sharp 32" and it turns on to stand by but wont turn on properly with remote or manual buttons, I need to know if this is easy repairable or expensive

Thanks guys for any help you can give x

Like this post
bert52a

Likes # 0

Sorry to be the sort of person to just jump on here with a question, but im having trouble with my television.
Why are you sorry that's exactly why these forums exist.
I'm no expert but you could try:
turn it all off- pull out the plug if you can't do it any other way.
Wait for thirty seconds.Put the plug back in.
is it on standby or do you need to press the on off switch?
If the switch does nothing try the remote.If the remote does nothing try replacing the batterie
If you can get it out of standby look on your remote for a menu button and check on the onscreen menu for settings and see if there's anything you can use to set the remote or the onn off switch- I wonder if there's some kind of sleep button that's turned your tv off.
Also is it connected to a digital box of any kind- if it is you'll need to check that that is switched on and taken off standby
also look on this website for a manual
click here

Like this post
Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

Hello,

Thankyou Bert, just felt a bit rude just coming on and asking!

Ive tried all them things, when I plug it in the red light comes on but thats it, ive pushed every buttone on tv and remote and cant get any sort of picture or sign that its on

Thanks x

Like this post
bert52a

Likes # 0

What model is it?
Is it a new tv?
Does it have a warranty?
Have you had it working at all?
This might sound a bit daft but are you pointing the remote at the red light.Some tv's aren't very sensitive and will only work if you aim them directly at the right place.
It might also be worth checking that the mains lead is fully inseted and any other leads that might need to be connected.
if you send the model number I'll try to work it out.

Like this post
Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

Thankyou Bert,

It is a Sharp Aquos 32" LCD TV model LC-32AD5E-BK

I have had it for 3 yrs and it has worked fine, sadly no warranty.

I put the power plug in and a green light comes on (sorry thought it was red!) I push the channel buttons on the top of it and on the remote and it does nothing

thankyou x

Like this post
bert52a

Likes # 0

has the aerial come out of the back?

Like this post
Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

Yes its all correctly connected up x

Like this post
Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

thankyou for this x

Like this post
bert52a

Likes # 0

switch on the mains button while keeping pressed vol- and input keys;service mode is confirmed by the k letter on the screen;while the tv set is still on press vol- and ch- keys to get the service menu;hope it works.

found this on a web site where someone had the same prob as you.
see what happens.

unfortunately your model isn't listed on the sharp site.

Like this post
Jennygirl1980

Likes # 0

Hello,

Not sure what the input keys are? Im holding the vol button and nothing happening

Thanks x

Like this post
bert52a

Likes # 0

Does this make more sense?Found this on the net:
Unplug it hold down the Channel Down button and the Volume Up button unplug it for 10 seconds then plug it back in and continue holding them down for another 10 seconds then release. I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Sorry I'm in the dark because I can't see what's happening

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......