We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

nokia 5228

jaraba

Likes # 0

I have just got one of these & I'm trying to get the info from my old 6600 onto it.
Backed up on card on 6600 then copied everything to 5228 card on computer but although the backup shows on 5228 card when looked on computer the 5228 doesn't see the backup when I try to restore so that all the contacts etc are on the 5228.
All help gratefully appreciated.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Use Nokia PC suite both your phones compatable with it.

Most Nokia devices come with a cable for connecting the device to the USB port or serial port of a computer. Cable is the most convenient choice for transferring large files.

1. Open the main window of Nokia PC Suite and select Click here to connect a phone.
2. The Get connected wizard opens, and select Next to continue.
3. Select Cable connection and Next to continue.
4. Connect one end of the cable to a cable port on PC and the other end to the device.
5. Some Nokia devices may ask you for the connection mode you want to use. Depending on the available options, select PC Suite, Nokia mode, or the default option.
6. Once your device is successfully connected, select Finish to close the wizard.

click here

You can use Nokia Content copier also to transfer files from one device to another. To be able to transfer files, they must first be backed up.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Got a cable for 5228 but not the 6600.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Thanks.
Just bought it even though by the picture it doesnt look like it would fit my phone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added