We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cable TV and Phone.

derekmiles

Likes # 0

I've got Virgin cable that gives me TV and Phone, plus PC.
I have a Yahaha Tyros keyboard that's crying out for a PC connection but the KB and the PC are four rooms apart meaning that the connection to the router has to be wired....or does it?

Now it so happens that where the cable/junction box comes into the house is just 2 feet away from the keyboard. I can locate easily the cable outs to the TV, and the computer line and perhaps I could interupt the coax that goes to the computer.
In fact I laid and connected the cable to the computer some years ago but I have now forgotten how I approached it all.
Any advice would be more than welcome and as a point of interest, I do have a spare Compaq PC and it's quite a new one with a top end spec.
KIndest regards.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You cable must go to a cable modem (and from there to a router). It is only the output from the modem or router that can be connected to the computer or keyboard.

"interupting" the coax, even if you could successfully do so, would then reuire connection to another modem.

Like this post
derekmiles

Likes # 0

Thank you Bremner fully understood and will do so, Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...