We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PHOTOfun STUIO

the hick

Likes # 0

Just bought Panasonic TZ8, it comes with the above program for downloading pictures and editing. It does not seem very intuitive in use, and since we had four Canon cameras in the family, we have previously used Canon Zoombrowser. Has anyone else any experience of this Panasonic software? Any views/comments appreciated thank you.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

The short answer is yes. Also it's much faster to download and saves on camera battery power as well as wear and tear on the camera USB connection

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

"Does all of the information transfer with the image"

Short answer -Yes.

Paint.Net is another excellent FREE image editing program
click here

Like this post
the hick

Likes # 0

hssutton, I have never used a card reader to download. Does all of the information transfer with the image, as when USB connection is used? Thankyou for your help.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Zoombrowser will import your photos ok from a cardreader, but it's doubtful that it will recognise your camera.

Make sure that the camera drivers are loaded (that may be automatic when camera is connected).

With Zoombrowser open go to Aquire & Camera setting. In the drop down list select Aquire Images from memory card.

However Zoombrowser is not the best editor in the world, but if you're used to it then ok.

Like this post
the hick

Likes # 0

john bunyan, I shall try to download from the TZ8 using Zoombrowser, see if it works. I did a search on PHOTOfun this evening, and it does not seem well liked. Otherwise, I shall try Picasa, since I understand many use it already. Thankyou for your reply and advice.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

The trouble is that every time you buy a camera these days it comes with software, and you could end up with too many similar programmes. I have a Panasonic, and have had Nikons etc. I always download the pictures using a card reader and have not installed any camera software. I have Photoshop CS5 (but expensive)which comes with Bridge , an indexing programme. If you are keen there is Photoshop Elements 9 out now or there are other cheaper or free programmes like Picassa. I would go for a generic programme rather than the camera's own one, but it's up to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data