We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Automatic Slideshow Photo Frame

tribbleuser

Likes # 0

I am looking for a 10" digital photo frame which will automatically come on and start a slideshow when it is connected to power. It will be inside a perpex case when completed, so I don't want to have to open the case every morning to turn it on and start the show (there will be 15 of these and that would take a long time).

I have bought 2 so far, a Hama from Conrad Electronics (a bit flimsy and the company are hopeless) and a Philips from Maplin (click here). The Philips looked like my best bet but it still needs turning on and the slideshow starting when it is plugged in. If necessary I can trick the power button, but starting the slideshow means more of a modification than I want to make.

If someone can suggest a model which will do this it would put me out of my misery, as the specifications are not usually specific enough to choose one without buying it and playing with it. I am aware that the easiest way to acomplish this would be to use an LCD monitor and an MPEG player, but the cost is prohibitive.

I would also, ideally, like to be able to wire up buttons on the outside of the case to allow a user to manually page through the slides, although this is only necessary in one case and I probably will use a media player for this.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

How about using one with a Remote Control,

Like this click here

Manual click here

The Remote could be encased (Slide-in/Out with locking device)in front of the Perspex case, with Holes in it to give access to the Prev/Next Buttons (11 on page 4 of the Manual).

To turn it on Press Power on Remote, Then Photo to automatically play slideshow.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

I have a Kodak 7" but I recon they do a 10" also.
Mine is set to come on at 08:30 and off again at midnight. It can all be set up within the display and never needs touching.

I have once pulled out the mains adaptor lead and plugged it back in after a few days and it still started up and closed down at the right times. Seems just what you need.

Like this post
tribbleuser

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for the responses, we've now solved the problem. For information, we found a firm called Living Images who sell frames with hacked firmware. They come on when the power does and immediately go into slideshow mode. (Timed frames were no good as the gallery power goes off at night.)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015