We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PAC Code Moving to PAYG

AFoxyLady

Likes # 0

I have been with Car Phone Warehouse and the O2 network for several years. We have always had an upfront payment for a year. Each year, CPW have got it wrong. This year is no exception.

I want to leave CPW and go to another network but as a PAYG, this is an emergency phone for an employee only.

Can I use a PAC code on a PAYG and how do I go about it?
1/ Just pick up a sim at Tesco/ orange etc register the sim and then use the PAC code?

CPW have advised if I do not use the code by 25th November my "contract" will continue. At £27.62 for 50 minutes and 25 texts a month they are having a laugh!

Any help would be much appreciated as I need to get this sorted asap.

Tessa

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sim only with Asda's is 8p a minute for calls and 4p for text messages.
I would think that an orange sim card charge would be at least double that of asda's and may even be more.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you are on a contract like everything else you have to inform them that you are leaving them by giving them one months notice and you can only do that when your contract is up.
If you signed up for a year and a half contract you cannot leave until that is up.
I was with Virgin and went to Asda's, phoned Virgin up they gave me the code and I informed Asda's and got the same phone number.
Mind you I only had a pay monthly sim card with Virgin so had no bother moving after giving them notice.

Like this post
AFoxyLady

Likes # 0

I have the PAC code - this is in fact what has caused the problem! We weren't that bothered about keeping the number, but the CPW staff advised it was a better idea.

I wrote to CPW O2 yesterday to confirm in writing that we no longer wanted to be with them, and for their acknowledgement. They advised the PAC code and said it had been sent in a text to the phone. If the PAC is not used, then our contract WILL continue!

If they had told us this in the first place, we would not have kept the number, and just cancelled. Yet another way to bamboozle customers!

Will pop into Orange and get a SIM Card - take it from there.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Get the o2 pac from o2 then give this to your new provider. they are time limited. So do it ASAP.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite