We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Htc and Outlook 2000 Calendar

SURVEY

Likes # 0

I took the plunge today and bought a Desire HD on contract and I have 14 days in which to return it if necessary. I bought it partly to be able to sync my outlook 2000 calendar with the phone. However when I use HTC sync it says that it cannot sync as I do not have outlook as my email client as I have outlook express instead. Please can anyone help me with this?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Google Calendar Sync program is only available for 2003 on. click here
I use that to sync my Outlook calendar with Google and then on to my Android phone. I have a Samsung and the software for that sync is poor and wiped my Outlook calendar the other day without warning. Fortunately I had a back up.

I don't think that you can run 2000 and 2003 as 2003 is likely to overwrite the previous one. I could be wrong on this.

I use the Samsung program to sync contacts. Contacts via Google is more difficult.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I have a genuine copy of MS Office 2003. I would like to try this out withpout erasing my O2K files and program. Will 2003 ands 2000 stand alongside each other while I try? Also does your Outlook (I realise it is 2007)sync your contacts as well as the calendar? I do not use Outlook for mail.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Woolwell - Outlook 2000 uses a pst file extension and google does not accept that. This is why it is necessary to export the outlook calendar in a csv format. This is why the two will not auto sync. I stand to be correct though.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Do you need to have the google calendar active at the time or does your Outlook automatically sync of its own accord? What did you have to do to get it to auto sync with google calendar? I do note that you are using outlook 2007.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My Outlook calendar regularly syncs with Google but I have Outlook 2007.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Sorry - last post should be a new thread so will post again.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

I tried the installed satnav toady. After using it I switched it off but I now note that there is a blue vertical direction arrow on the top info bar of the home screen and this says 'seaching for location'. What do I need to do to get rid of this?I have tried enabling gps on the phone settings.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Received a reply from HTC 'help'. They said try our HTC Sync program!!!! I had already told them that that it what I was using. Their support is absolutely hopeless.

I have synced my Outlook with a google calendar and this does work well. However all of my contacts are in my Outlook 2000 and it really means I have to keep two systems running on my desktop and not have access to the contacts on my phone (apart of course for normal mobile contact numbers). Also I do not think Outlook will regularly sync with my google calendar unless I force it to?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

New territory for me - so I don't know. I'm still learning my way around my new android phone.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

woolwell - thanks again. I di move my default email client to Outlook (from Outlook Express)but it still would not sync. I have emailed HTC support but having had responses from them in the past, they are not usually much help! Your suggestion of syncing my Outlook with Google calendar first may be the only way forward. If I do this, will the calendar always be available on the phone without having to sign in - i.e. by clicking on the calendar app?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?