We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Humax 9200T not updating

m800afc

Likes # 0

Following the digital switch over in Granada-land my PVR has been giving me problems. At first the stored programmes on the HDD were not presented properly, for example several different programs all given the same title and duration, sometimes a title that I had not recorded was given to a program I had.
I contacted Humax and they admitted there was a problem and they sent me a fix, reassuring me that my programs would still be available on my HDD. I used the fix, and lost all my recordings, but the PVR was back to normal.
It has, in the last couple of weeks, started to do it again. I reset the Humax to factory default which seemed to cure the problem. However, the software is not updating. It reports that "a new software has been found" and when I start to DL, the progress bar appears, but does not DL. After 20 mins or so an error message appears: "Error E-OS". The only way to get out of this is to power off using the switch at the back of the machine, and restarting again.
I have tried to DL the new software using my laptop and an RS232 cable, but it still gives me the "Error E-OS"
I set to record three programs last night, just as a test, and the PVR failed to save any of them, (the list of recorded programs is empty)
I have emailed Humax directly, but have yet to get a reply. My guess was a broken MBR, although the drive has been reformatted, and the problem persists.
Any advice on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Which version of the firmware are you now using (v.......23) is the latest.

Many many people had problems at DSO and you should take a look at click here which is a dedicated sub-forum for Humax PVR's.

I had a similar problem after DSO and found I had other versions of BBC1 etc in the 8xx slots in the channel lists. Humax PVR's seem very sensitive to duplicated channel in the 8xx slots and I had to retune manually to remove these after a factory reset.

Good luck. Humax aren't very good on helping customers so you may find the above forum more helpful.

Like this post
Wilham

Likes # 0

This is the next 9200T software upsate transmission time I have been told by Humax:

PVR9200T: 22nd - 24th Dec: Version UPTTF 1.00.23 (8th time broadcast)

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

The actual update will be:

Version after update: UPTTF 1.00.23 :: Playing Mon 20-12-2010 10:00:00 to Wed 22-12-2010 09:00:00

Info supplied by DTT Engineering.

Like this post
m800afc

Likes # 0

dms_05
Thanks for the info, I will attempt to DL new files before I close the thread.
Fingers crossed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room