We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Retune sky+ box channel 5

karmgord

Likes # 0

I want to get C5 on my Sky+ box I've read how to do it
1. Press SERVICES on your remote control
2. Select 4 SYSTEM SET UP
3. Select 4 ADD CHANNELS
4. Change the frequency to 10.773
5. Change the POLARISATION from? V to H
6. Change the SYMBOL RATE to 22.0
7. Change the FEC to 5/6
8. then select FIND CHANNELS
but I can't change the frequency to 10.773 all the other parameters can be changed.
Any Ideas?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Channel 5 should already be tuned into the Sky+ box unless you do not have an up to date Sky or freesat card. No card no channel 5

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

FIVE is FTA without a card. FIVE HD requires a Sky card and HD subscription.

TP 45 on Astra 2D (the one the OP wants) only carries FTA channels (mainly BBC plus FIVE). So it should be available from the Sky EPG as Channel 105 and it doesn't need adding to 'Other Channels'.

FIVE HD is on 12266 H at 29,500 FEC 3/4 and is encrypted. It is available via the Sky EPG

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

I stand corrected. It's a long time, and things have changed since I looked into channel 5 due to only use my Sky box to watch channels that are not available on freeview.

Without a Freesat card you should be able to tune in channel 5 as per your instructions. I've just tried it without problems. You would however have to go to services/other channels to view it.

I don't know why you are unable to change the frequency as it should be accessible. It may be a silly question but are you highlighting the frequency panel and then inputting the number with the number keys.

Like this post
karmgord

Likes # 0

managed to change parameters have highlighted C5 and "ticked" with yellow button and pressed select yet when i go to other channels to view it says "insert sky card"
Any Ideas?
could one of you with sky box check if it works both with & without card inserted

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Haven't had a card in years but it works without the card.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures