We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LG Optimus GT540 / One query

pookie

Likes # 0

Hi

Just after your thoughts. I fancy the LG Optimus GT540 £99 on pay as you go. Internet will be via home wifi and gps via 'offline'. Hence not going on contract.

LG are bringing out the Optimus One in October for £130 - £140. Based on the below which would you recommend?

Both have same camera
Both have same processor
GT540 has 3" screen and One has 3.2" screen
Screens are same resolution
GT540 uses Android v1.6 (but LG have confirmed that it'll be updated free to v2.1 very soon)
One comes with Android v2.2 installed

What do you think?

Many thanks

P

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

So, is it worth say £40 extra for a .2" bigger screen and having Android v2.2 over v2.1?

P

Like this post
preston

Likes # 0

I bought the Lg gt540 for my nephew as hid first phone, it's alright as such. Pay the extra and get the Optimus one, especially if it has 2.2 and if it has a capacitive screen and not the resistive like the gt540. The capacitive screens are way better.

Like this post
pookie

Likes # 0

noted with many thanks preston

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger