We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Disable built-n Freeview on Sony Bravia

User-1619003

Likes # 0

I have a Sony Bravia 46" LCD tv with in-built Freeview. the problem is that the Freeview programs are seen as sliding Ghost images behind Sky programmes, removing the Antenna simply results in a degraded picture (causesd by the "snow" with no incoming signal)

Is it possible to shut down the Freeview, (not needed because I have Sky).

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you have the aerial cable going through the sky box and then to the TV the first possible cause of ghosting would be the RF channel of the sky box is close to a TV channel and needs changing.

The simplest solution would be to remove the aerial cable from the shy box this prevents ghosting from the RF channel.

The second possible cause would be a cheap scart lead, faulty scart lead or bad connections either at the TV or sky box. Try reseating the lead or trying a different lead.

Like this post
User-1619003

Likes # 0

I do know that selecting alternate inputs should switch to that channel/input e.g Freeview is on one Sky is on another and the DVD is on yet another BluRay uses the HDMI input all scart inputs i.e Sky and DVD are controlled by an electronic switching device and Freeview has to be selected via the TV's own menu, when Sky is selected the Freeview tuner ghosts behind it. You may well be right that the set is defective.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

The Freeview channel should not be shown if you have selected an alternative input source, such a Scart or HDMI. The only suggestion I can make is that the set is faulty. I would consult your supplier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia