We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Audio Kit.

Big L 266

Likes # 0

Hello.

I had one of my rare days out and wandered into Maplins for a browse. Unexpected,my gaze was directed towards a wireless audio kit which can transmit and receive audio between a PC and hi-fi.

I asked the assistant if this would work with Windows Vista Home Premium and would it link to my 1995 Arcam CX amplifier and replay via my 1995 Mission Tower speakers which are all linked with expensive cables? I also asked if I could play my music collection via my Winamp Pro? He and I went through the kit specs and eventually decided to buy it.

The pack contains a USB wireless transmitter in the form of a dongle which just sits in a USB port.The wireless audio receiver sits around 15' away so is well within the range of its 50 metre range. Its a simple 'plug & play' item which has a 3.5mm jack to twin RCA phono outputs. I've currently got a set of RCA jack plugs on order to replace the 3.5mm jack.

I'm also very lucky to have a 16/18meg download speed.I'm currently listening to Classic FM on the hi-fi and it sounds very good indeed.I have also played some of my music collection through it and it too sounds great.I think the RCA phono input/outputs will make a much bigger difference though.

I'm slowly trying to reduce my cabling and also have an fm headset connected to the amp and even the sound through them via this audio kit sounds good. As someone who has disabilities,I'm glad to be able to remove some of the wiring.

I thought I'd just share this nice little find with you.Not a bad purchase for £39.99 this!

Big L 266

Like this post
Big L 266

Likes # 0

Hello.

ChrisTheA....It is indeed a neat little gadget and the link for the specific product is as below...

click here

Its stats are as follows:-

Frequency 2400MHz-2483MHz
Channel No 38.
Data rate 4Mbps
Wireless Range Up to 150 ft (50 metres)
Audio resolution 16-bit/44.1Khz
Interface USB 1.1.
Power Type USB Power 5V
Power Consumption Working 45mA.

Hope this helps.

Back to the music!

Big L 266

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Looks neat!

A link for interested people click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers