We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best budget printer

smiiithy2009
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

I am looking for some help. I need a sub £80 printer and have been looking at the Kodak ESP 3250. The cost effectiveness of ink appeals greatly to me. The printer will go in the same room as my ethernet/wifi router and a network facility would be beneficial but not essential.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Right I'm liking the look of this-

HP 3050
click here

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

Any thoughts on these?

click here

click here

click here

Cheers,

Mike

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Hmmm. After checking around, maybe it's not such a good price if it ISN'T wireless. As I said, I'm not sure. I saw it in-store at Stockport - Currys website is next to useless.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Inkjets are a pain if you don't do a lot of printing, you waste half your ink cleaning the jets.

I was in Currys today, they're selling the Samsung CLP-315 colour laser printer for £70, (I'm not sure if it was wireless or not, but I think it was). It's end of line/while stocks last, but that's a pretty good price, it's £200 on Amazon.

Because it's end of line, you have to decide how long you think toner cartridges will be available, there seem to be plenty of 3rd party sellers of compatibles.

Like this post  
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

I'm reviving this thread as I'm looking to purchase a printer in the January sales.

Priorities are:
Cost of ink
Network facility (ethernet/wifi)

4 colour would do as it would be mainly used for documents. Looking to spend under £80 if possible. I still quite like the Kodak ESP 3250 we have at work, but this would be no good as it can't be networked. Another Kodak would be good.

Cheers,

Mike

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

The kodak came out best in the poc advisor. click here& and they said it costs £65 is it saves 15 on your cost.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Need some more info to make recommendations. Are you going to be printing lots of photos in which case you need 6 colour or mainly documnets 4 colour will do. Do you want all in one. Don't like them myself but some people need the space saving they give.

Epson special offers. click here

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

So back to the point, what printer can I get that is under £80 and has network printing with similar spec to the Kodak? Or what printer/wifi usb combo can I get for a similar price?

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Accepted.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

also to Chris the ancient and Kevscar
It just seemed odd thats all because there have been a flurry of such old posts of late- but as Smithy2009 says that's what you get when one does a seacrh'
Witness the one about self adhesive paper in a laser in recent days
I shall now go and sit in the corner

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone