We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best budget printer

smiiithy2009
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

I am looking for some help. I need a sub £80 printer and have been looking at the Kodak ESP 3250. The cost effectiveness of ink appeals greatly to me. The printer will go in the same room as my ethernet/wifi router and a network facility would be beneficial but not essential.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

The down side...

It only has one colour cartridge. So, if you run out of one colour only, you need to buy a complete cartridge and waste the part used colours.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

I,ve run epsons for 15 yrs. Cheap, most compatible cartridges will print good colour A4 photgraphs. 6 different cartridges so you only pay for what needs replacing.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Like Kevscar, I have been using Epson printers for quite few years. And for the same reason.

Although I think they are going down in popularity a bit, I buy cartridges form Choice Stationery and they work fine (only had one fail in the last four years).

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

say this because of recent resurrected old posts winding up with a recommendation for the machine mentioned and extensive TV advertising of late.
For my part as high quality colour printing is not an imperative to me - I have dumped inkjet for a modest colour laser- It has been in service now for 12 months and the toner indicator is just beginning to move down the bar[Still better than 90% to go]

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

I don't see this one as spam.

a) It is not an old, resurrected post.

b) The guy concerned has asked what I feel to be a valid question.

c) Kevscar and myself have been contributing to this forum for quite a long time and have offered quite valid suggestions - as indeed you have.

So why do you see this as spam?

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

I have resurrected the post after taking the age old advice of 'try the search button first'. I'm actually looking for alternatives that might offer network printing at a similar price.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, would be grateful for any more.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

also to Chris the ancient and Kevscar
It just seemed odd thats all because there have been a flurry of such old posts of late- but as Smithy2009 says that's what you get when one does a seacrh'
Witness the one about self adhesive paper in a laser in recent days
I shall now go and sit in the corner

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Accepted.

Like this post
smiiithy2009

Likes # 0

So back to the point, what printer can I get that is under £80 and has network printing with similar spec to the Kodak? Or what printer/wifi usb combo can I get for a similar price?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Need some more info to make recommendations. Are you going to be printing lots of photos in which case you need 6 colour or mainly documnets 4 colour will do. Do you want all in one. Don't like them myself but some people need the space saving they give.

Epson special offers. click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'