We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

t-mobile htc hero wifi problem

preston

Likes # 0

The phone says that it is connected to my wifi router,but i find it extremely difficult to connect to the internet or youtube. It keeps going to a default page which tells me to check my connection or my cache or in the case of youtube it says it can't connect or just times out. No problem with 3g, just a little slower. Does anyone else have this problem.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

might be small breaks in the connection, i have a different provider but my htc phone will run youtube perfect on a 3g signal also via home wifi.

have you tried putting the phone nearer the router, or perhaps reboot the router might give out a better signal after a reboot.

if it works well in 3g it must be the router signal.

Like this post
preston

Likes # 0

It may be just my phone, have heard about this problem with other g2 users, but no answer. Its not the router as my nokia 5800 has no such problem,as i can get a signal anywhere at home.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...