We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Probs with Graphics on Multi-Media PC

belcanto

Likes # 0

Hi, i have an all in one p/tv at 32 inches, its got 320 gb hd, 1.5 memory and runs Win 7 Ultimate. Until recently it had built-in graphics which was not good for some games. I brought recently a low profile PCI-E card, a ATI X600 with 128mb.

It took me ages but eventually I was able to work out that I needed to attach one cable to the HDMI and the other to the graphics card output. I now have a picture but the screen is very bright and brittle looking with distortions.

I am ashamed to say that the on-board graphics card looks better but I dont want that. Is there a way to get a better picture?

Thanks

Like this post
belcanto

Likes # 0

*Bump*

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Have you loaded the latest driver from amd

Like this post
belcanto

Likes # 0

@ICF, thanks for that, the only drivers available for my pci-e were ones for Vista. I have downloaded and put them into compatibility mode vis a ve the catalyst centre. However, when I start up CC it tells me my version of it is not compatible. Any more ideas?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

What version of windows 7 are you running?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

There are drivers for both 32 & 64 version of windows 7 version 10.2

click here

Like this post
belcanto

Likes # 0

ICF, I know about the win7 drivers, however they wont work with my card. When I put in my card series and operating system, the only one it finds are the ones for vista. To be fair it does say on the site; "AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series" It also says; "Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7.

Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support).

Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration"

I hope you can still help with this-thanks so far

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Have you tried the drivers for windows 7 version 10.2?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...