We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Robin Hood' on Blu-Ray playback

tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have a Blu-Ray DVD of the new Robin Hood film. For some reason it will run on my Panasonic Blu-Ray DVD player linked to to my Panny TV. However the main film disc will not run on any of the 3 PCs I have which are all fitted with Blu-Ray and run Cyberlink Power DVD 10 Ultra mark 11. however the second disc, 'Director's Cut' runs fine on them as do all other Blu-Rays. I have even tried 'any dvd' but still the same problem. The region set is Europe which is compatible with the DVD. I have updated all drivers. Has anyone else found such a problem and does anyone have any suggestions on what the PCs' problem might be?

The monitors are HDCP capable at 60HZ and in one case at 120HZ. I can understand maybe one PC not playing it for whatever reason but 3 PCs all running Windows 7, 32 Bit and 64 bit. is baffling

I also note other sites report problems of slow loading of this particular DVDand I noticed that on the TV but I am certain that is not behind this problem . Suggestions welcomed

Like this post
JoeVasques

Likes # 0

I have exactly the same problem... Have a huge collection of Blu-Ray's, never had a problem on either my laptops or desktop. I even traded the original buy in the shop, thinking it was faulty. But still the same issue with the new copy.

Please advise.

Thx

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have downloaded the very latest Cyberlink patches released on 14th September 2010. They made no difference. There is seemingly something wrong with the encoding on this first disc which contains the main picture. Maybe I have to go to the DVD's distributor in the UK, whoever that is, to find out what is going on.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has found playing 'Robin Hood' on Blu-Ray a problem.

Like this post
RoastedPuma

Likes # 0

Yep. Same problems. Runs through the trailers and gives me a blank (black) screen instead of going to the movie menu. Used the same software as tigertop2.

If this is the way forwards, I'm concerned...

If anyone reading this has any suggestions, please tell help us.

Thanks

Like this post
RoastedPuma

Likes # 0

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum. Downloaded the trial version and it works!!!

It will tell you that the audio decoder is missing, but ignore that. Audio is fine. Takes a little while to load up, but playback works fine.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Fine, but I want to know why it won't work on my existing software, both Cyberlink and 'any dvd'
I don't really want another piece of software on a trial basis but thanks for the info.

I have now sent the problem to Universal Studios in the UK as they are the distributor. I know others are having a problem and it needs to be sorted for all

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Universal( UK) have so far ignored my attempts to find out what is going on with this DVD issue. I will keep trying but would ask that others with the same problem also try asking them. Sooner or later they might deign to respond! I understand that others in other countries may be having the same problem so it looks like a world wide issue.

Like this post
RoastedPuma

Likes # 0

Alright. Have just contacted them. Lets see if they respond

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Thanks, RoastedPuma. I suspect we may have to go to Universal's Public Relations people in the end but appreciate your action.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Universal studios who issued the 'Robin Hood' DVD movie have now confirmed to me that the playback on Blu-Ray is a Cyberlink software problem. They have been in touch with Cyberlink who 'hope' to issue a corrective patch next week.

Yet again Cyberlink caught with their pants down on their software releases. They made a complete nonsense on Blu-ray play back on their Power DVD 10 software and tried to pretend it was OK before releasing an urgent patch. Now this. One wonders if anyone in Cyberlink is checking on their developement labs in Korea before issuing software

Like this post
jfell-1620020

Likes # 0

my blu-ray is working properly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia