We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

voice recognition on HTC

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

from the youtube vid i have set up the voice search for the internet, but stuck on the voice for the keyboard for text etc, I have found there is a link to a 2nd download for the keyboard, i have gone for the sense version [avoids click] for htc desire android 2.2 and get as far as starting download where it sticks.

the voice for searching the net is excellent as per the youtube vid, but need some help getting the icon on the keyboard.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

I have the non HD desire and it is brilliant for web surfing - first ohone I have had where web surfing is possible for extended periods.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

seen this form, seems a bit more active, maybe so few people here have smartphones.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

desire hd, if the same price and you can wait. if not the desire normal, but check it has android ver 2.2 some networks have not got this. I am liking this phone more each day as i learn more.

waiting for a clear night to test the google sky night app, not tested the satnav part yet. looking at the various apps can't believe the things some can do. never thought the voice control could be so good, would not mind similar on the pc.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

I am also surprised how little attention this section of the forum gets. Maybe there is a better website forum elsewhere?

At present I am wrestling with a choice of HTC products - Desire, Desire HD or Z. Any thoughts? I am not really interested in a camera or video viewing, but mainly web surfing, email and a small amount of typing in.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

surprised this area of the forum does not get much action

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

installed google sky night and the missing icon now appears on the keyboard, the icon turns on the voice control for text messages email etc. but when i press the voice icon on the keyboard i get "speak" box up, then "working" then server error when I speak.

SORTED just tried again after moving away from pc and sending text by voice works brilliantly came up with right person to text and all the voice dictated message was 100% correct.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer