We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

htc software update news

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

for htc desire small update

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i had been into carphone warehouse store this morning just to find out how to do a few bits and got talking about the new htc out next month with the hd screen and was told it may not be popular because they are switching to windows instead of android.

thats all i know not sure which version is wrong

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

So is the Windows platform going to be better than Android? I would expect it to sync better with MS products!

I was in a quandary about whether to go for the Desire, Desire HD or the Z; now I have to add Android or Windows!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

depend if the apps you intend to use will work.

best app i have is google voice control for searching the net and texting etc, also use gmail so glad i have android ver 2.2

horses for courses.

Like this post
hippocampus208

Likes # 0

feel so fll wit an HTC Desire Z

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

problems with new htc, release delayed

click here

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

HTC have been running Windows PPC for years. There are plenty of App for Windows based Smartphones including TomTom.

However I assume that HTC will be adopting Windows Mobile 7. Which from what I have heard it will be a case that your old Windows Mobile 6 apps will not work.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

from what i hear in phone shops microsoft phone 7 is going to be a flop like silverlight, no one seems to want it its all android

Like this post
preston

Likes # 0

I am on a t-mo hero and stuck on 2.1 forever. I am thinking of getting the Htc Desire HD. It looks great from what i have seen so far. Htc will be making both Win Mo and Android phones, both out soon.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

HTC apps mostly free - for windows mobile 6.5 I could not find many free apps and the interface is clunky compared to android - where windows does score is in Exchange compatability - but Android can do that as well- I suggest Android unless company policy dictates windows.

The power widget is good for controlling battery life - mine up from 10 to 24 - 30 hrs using it and by turning off mobile data at night when I go to sleep ! Uses about 6% overnight.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

The power widget is good for controlling battery life

i use it too its excellent for saving the battery usage.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen