We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

htc software update news

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here

for htc desire small update

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Should I be waiting for the new Desire HD before purchasing? I believe it is out in October? I will need to know if the new one is worth buying or maybe the present one will reduce its price accordingly!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

new one has larger screen, and better screen in hd, had i know last week i would have waited.

but very pleased with the one i got.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

and all HTC Desire owners should receive it automatically.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

sunnystaines - is the battery life better on the HD phone? Are HTC going to discontinue the present Desire, leaving only the Desire HD?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I think i read it was a better battery too.

I had an odd fault on mine it would not connect to internet yesterday, yet a person sat next to me on same network had a strong signal, phoned "3" helpline they fobbed me off with "some phones get a better signal than others", took it back to the store where they had same problem, it was fixed by taking out the sim replacing with another provider sim then returning mine and the net was back working fast as ever. not sure why.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

sunnystaines - thanks for your reply. Really useful as you have one. I think I shall wait until the HD is out and then see exactly what the advantages are over the present model. My guess is that the present model will be discontinued. I still cannot get a definitive answer from HTC as to whether it will sync with my Outlook 2000 calendar (I know it will with 2003 and 2007).

Incidentally there is a good utube 7min video showing how to get a much better battery life on the Desire entitled 'How to get longer battery life on HTC Desire'.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

good tip, now added black wallpaper and the power widget.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

that small update arrived today all went ok

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the new htc desire in october will come with windows not andoid worth bearing in mind. not many apps yet for windows.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

According to HTC's website both the Desire HD and the Z use the android 2.2 platform

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback