We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HTC Desire Backups

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I found the manual online the quick start guide that came in the box was poor.

how do i check is backup is enabled? the manual says

"Checking if automatic backup is enabled
Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings.
Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Back up my data.
Make sure that the Back up my data check box is selected"

I get as far as settings but no "privacy" option to tap on, looked around elsewhere on the phone and lost, anyone able to put me right please.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

I am thinking of buying this phone an djust wondered if you know if it can sync my Outlook 2000 calendar and contacts? The HTC site seems to say only Outlook 2003 and 2007 but I note on the internet that it will sync. Before I take the plunge I need to know. Have tried emailing HTC 'support' but they seem to ge hedging the question. Will the Desire HD be any better and is it worth waiting for?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i only use gmail these days and desire sync perfect with gmail via home wifi.the srceen is good but the hd smasungS has a better screen.

I am still on the learning curve read throught the 211 page pdf manual i found on the net last night.

Like this post
monkeyboy21

Likes # 0

Standard fare now to give you a quick guide to get started, then a whole pdf on line, however the online manual is very comprehensive. Just takes a while to scroll through on the Desire though!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the htc web support is out of date so is the pdf manuel and FAQ's they still refer to a prev version of android not the present 2.2 version.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

monkeyboy21 - that is what I have found. Their 'support' team do not seem to be up-to-date with their knowledge and that is why I posed my query on this thread. I had somewhere (via google) that it will sync with Outlook 2000 now whereas it only did with versions 2003 and 2007 previously.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i have asked htc if there is any backup, but they seem unable to fully answer

they say
"Privacy option with back up option has been removed in Android 2.2 for further development."

does that mean no backup or backup without the privacy option?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

still not sorted thinking about connecting the phone to pc and try to backup that way

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

HTC Sync v3 avaiable for PC

click here

There are also quite a few appd on the market which allow you to back up all your apps to the phone rather than having to re install them all. lok for backup on market

You can also sync clander and contacts using sync V3

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks for the link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...