We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I really need some help here - SKY HD problems

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have a Sony Bravia TV, a SKY+ HD receiver, and a DVD player.

The SKY engineer connected everything when he installed the SKY box some time ago. Everything worked perfectly, but last week a burglar alarm installation engineer disconnected the lot, and do you think I can get it all working again?

I can watch TV via the SKY box, but I can record nothing, and if I use the TV controller to switch channels instead of the SKY controller I can then only get the SKY menu - no programs and no sound.

Can anyone tell me how the various aerial/satellite/RF/scart leads should be connected between the three devices?

The TV has two scart sockets.

TV and satellite technology is very definitely not my thing - as my wife keeps reminding me.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I am glad it is sorted. Now is the time to look at your workload.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Yes. I think it will be right up your street as you connect your HD AV equipment via Scart. No need for SkyHD.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Youview looks like freeview TV. I'll be going the freesat road. Better quality picture.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Youview will be HD, and the picture quality should be every bit as good.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'm a bit suspicious of "Free, no subscription".

That's how Freeview started.

Where are they getting the frequencies from?

My understanding is that analogue frequencies becoming free have already been allocated, and the rest of the spectrum is already pretty full.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK