We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

"photo+video to dvd" program with true ws support?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

I have just tried Corel MovieFactory 7, it can convert a wide range of videos and photographs to dvd, and allow me to also create a menu. It supports 16:9 widescreen tvs, but it has one flaw - on the ws tv, there are huge black borders surrounding the entire screen at all times-both with the menu you create, AND as you watch your video or photo gallery!

So I am wondering if there is a more up to date, TRUE widescreen 'photo and video to dvd" tool out there, that, like corel, also gives me the choice to create my own menus, and add audio to both the menus and photo galleries I create within it-without that nasty large black border appearing on a widescreen tv?

thanks for any help

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have Roxio Creator 2010. I use it for data discs, and music. It does have a lot of other functions including converting from one video format to another etc. It may be worth looking at the specification via Google or Roxio.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Just tried a couple of Test DVDs with Corel MovieFactory 7SE,

Here's the results

1) PAL 4:3 click here

2) PAL 16:9 click here

Ignore the 2 Very Tiny Black lines at both sides (it's Overscan).

Make sure you have set it up for 16:9 click here

See you later Tonight, If you need more Advice.

David.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Unless you took the video,s photos in Widescreen mode you either put up with the black lines or you get a stretched/distorted playback.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I found out my problem was with the dvd player, it was not set up correctly, it was a cabling issue! I took the freeview box out, and only the dvd player in, and everything was ok-very odd, as commercial movies would work fine and not require such a correction :O *confused*! lol

Like this post
CKHSJ

Likes # 0

Your problem is very common, there are so many video converters, they both said that they can convert powerfully and fastly, but only a few of them can work as they advertised, you should firstly find some free video converter to have a try, cuz even it is not useful, it will not cost your money.

Good luck.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Ive also noticed that some widescreen tvs are (by default after purchase) set to "auto" instead of 16:9 for their screen mode. they show freeview fine for widescreen and fullscreen content in auto mode, but this causes my widescreen dvds to show incorrectly unless I change the tv to its 16:9 mode manually. slightly annoying, especially if Im creating photo dvds for relations that may not realise that they would need to change their tv to this 16:9 mode in order to see it correctly.

thanks to everyone for all the help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia