We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sky Not 'Sticking' On TV

dogbreath1

Likes # 0

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-37P3020 LCD TV which has an integral freeview receiver.

To this, I have a Sky+ HD box connected on the AV2 - SAT channel.

When both machines are turned on, the TV defaults to it's internal freeview tuner. Is there a way I can force the TV to default to the Sky box signal??

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

I believe that your TV has HDMI inputs and using one of these will give an HD picture on a Sky HD channel. I assume that the AV2 input is Scart. Using this, if you switch the TV on and then the Sky box, you will probably find that the TV will transfer to Sky automtically.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

It could be the scart lead is not fitted correctly or may be faulty.

Just a thought to get the full benefit of the HD channels you should connect the Sky+HD box via a HDMI cable to the TV.

Like this post
dogbreath1

Likes # 0

Thanks for the responses. The connection is currently by scart, but I'll swap over to HDMI and see if the issue is resolved.

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

I have a new Panasonic with freeview HD, and it too defaults to the internal tuner when switched on, even with Sky turned on.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

If you connect by HDMI lead you should find the TV remembers the last connected setting when next switched on. My Samsung does and I can rotate through the various connections by using the 'Source' button on the remote control.

As everyone else says you should connect using the HDMI lead otherwise you won't get HD just the older SD definition.

Like this post
dogbreath1

Likes # 0

No joy with HDMI.

TV searches for HDMI enabled appliances and doesn't find any. Tried two different cables, but no joy.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

On both our TVs, Sat are connected to AV1. Switching Sat power on second automatically switches the TV to AV1

Like this post
dogbreath1

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I'll try changing SAT to AV1.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide