We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blackberry with Virginmedia

ams4127

Likes # 0

I've just taken delivery of a Blackberry Curve 8520 phone from Virginmedia. I can make and receive calls and access the internet with no problem.

Now comes the question.....How do you setup email?

Trying to set it up gives only one option which is to use a "Blackberry Enterprise Server. I do not get the other option as shown in the manual.

Virginmedia website seems to say that the phone needs activating and leads me to another page. This tells me to click on my make of phone and follow the instructions. That page shows every make of phone you could think of except Blackberry!

Going to the Blackberry site and inputting my Pin and IMEI for activation tells me to go (on the phone) to Options - Advanced options - Host routing table and then register. The phone sends this registration message, but nothing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I just want to connect to my Btinternet account.

Yes, I have tried ringing Virgin's help line but the shortest queue, so far, has been 20 minutes. They don't reply to email queries for at least 5 days.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

One last quick note. My mate updated his Blackberry last Wednesday. He had none of my troubles and it took less than an hour to complete. No re-registration required as I thought.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote