We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

noisy images

britsdad

Likes # 0

Long time no see:-)

Just a quick question from me, are some memory cards more prone to record noise on images than others, or is it just down to the camera and the settings thereof?

Thankyou....John

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

I would say it was down to the camera and settings.

A little information on image noise click here

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

I am firmly of the same opinion; the card will have nothing to do with the noise. That`s down to the camera.

The difference in the card is like to be only the speed it will record, and subsequently read he image.

Get a fast card from a reliable maker.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Noise is purely down to camera/settings, in particular high ISOs, which could be as low as 400ISO on compacts.

A very good program for reducing noise is Noiseware Community Edition. click here

This is freeware, but will only save as Jpg

Like this post
britsdad

Likes # 0

Thankyou all very much, as I thought, camera and settings only.
hssutton...I am a bit of a Photoshop man, and I use Imagnomic NR and Polaroid NR free noise reduction pluggins depending on the image.

John

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone