We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Pro 4GB SDHC 133x speed OK for Panasonic FZ3

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I am looking at a Panasonic's dmc FZ3 for a backup camera.
I have the opportunity to purchase a 4GB HSDC card of 4GB 6x speed and battery as a Kit.

I bought a card some time ago and its Lexar Professional 4GB SDHC 133x speed / 20MB/sec.
Could I fit this card to the Panasonic FZ3.

I cant find any info as to what maximum speed you could use although all options in the pack are rated at 6x speed.
The 4GB 6x works out at £10 with the kit.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Should read Class 6 speed (Not rated at 6x speed)

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Panasonic web page for instruction manuals click here I would suggest looking through the manuals for the correct camera to check what the max mem it will take.

If it is the DMC FZ3** model it will only take up to 1GB cards

If it is the DMC FZ30 model it will only take up to 2GB cards.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

So sorry BRYNIT its the FZ38.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

So sorry BRYNIT its the FZ38.
I see its been superseded now for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45 but its a fair wad of cash more.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

The FZ38 will take SDHC Memory Card (4 GB to 32 GB)The Lexar Professional 4GB SDHC 133x is a class 6 card and will work with the camera.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

BRYNIT
Many thanks for your time and help on this.
Very much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing