We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPod Touch - my music has disappeared

Esc4p3

Likes # 0

I have a 16gb 1st Gen iTouch. I have had music/apps/video's sycn'd onto it ever since I had it just over a year ago using iTunes. But over the last week, I went in to add some more music and something went awry, not sure what. But in the process I lost all my music and try as I might I cannot get any music onto the device. I have completely reset the device twice without luck. I have apps and picutres on there which are fine!

What happens is it transfers across OK and when I disconnect the iPod and press the music icon, it waits for a moment and then says "no content". I have checked on iTunes and the music is there but unavailable. I have tried to delete and re-add but no luck. I tried a different tack tonight and sync'd a genius playlist and this crashed iTunes and the music is again on the device but the music is greyed out and I cannot get to it.

Is my iPod borked? Is there a fix, or am I just going mad. Any advice gratefully received!

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

I may have solved this....restored again, removed all content off of the iTouch, reinstalled iTunes and have started putting the music on first before any other content. I am putting a couple of hundred tracks on, disconnecting the iPod, rebooting it etc. and it has worked OK so far.

The downside is I have no apps whatsoever, but one step at a time!

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

The above didn't work after all, however, the final solution was that my firewall (AVG free) was interfering with iTunes. I tracked down a thread on the Apple support forums and although no-one knew why, various people reported that their firewall was the problem. Anyway, result :)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback. I use PCTools firewall and Avira (ps I thought AVG was an anti virus programme, not a firewall). Have 3 iPods in use, 2 Classics and a touch, for different family menbers,with W7.

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

EDIT: Good point John....it is Zonealarm free firewall - doh!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote