We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I'm an iPhone newbie

Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Seeing as how people have all rushed out to buy the new iPhone4, I thought about it and purchased an iPhone 3G (the GS didn't have that much in the way of extras to make the extra cost worthwhile).

I'm on an o2 sim (and o2 broadband which might make life easier?) and I've set up on the 'Simplicity' Tariff.

I have got most of the iPhone set up, but the world of emails on it frightens me in case I lose anything (I'm a little retentive about saving emails for a while - just in case!) And one of the main aims of my iPhone is to be able to pick up emails while I'm out.

I appreciate that I can set up Outlook such that I can leave the email on the server; but what happens about recovery on that is a haze in my mind.

I have read (and tried very hard to understand) the manual for the phone and, being an 'experiment rather than read' kind of person, I'm not a lot wiser. (A bit of a damning statement for one who used to write technical manuals for a living.)

Can anybody recommend a good, but easy, guide that is actually understandable - and works. I've had a google and there's just s-o-o-o many!

TIA

CtA

Like this post
Noels

Likes # 0

click here
I bought my iPhome through TESCO. Above is one of their Web Pages some of which you may find helpful particularly near the bottom about e mails.
I send and receive them all the time but can't remember exactly how I set them up.
Hope you soon get this sorted
Regards
Noels

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Thanks for that link - which I am going through.

At the moment, I have splashed out and bought the 'Rough Users' Guide click here which arrived today and I'll be perusing that to see what it can offer. We'll see!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing