We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dual Screen Solution??

d4zza

Likes # 0

Hi folks, first post, and would appreciate some assistance with a dual screen setup, or even if it's possible.

I'm using Photoshop on a laptop, powerful enough for what I need to do, which is touching up old photographs. I'd save a lot of time if I didn't have to zoom in, touch up, zoom out, then review. Instead, I'd prefer to zoom in on laptop screen only, stayed zoomed in, but have a second screen, just an ordinary monitor, possibly 21", always zoomed out.

Is this possible? Laptop has HDMI and s-video outputs.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Although from your viewpoint your query relates to photos, it actaully relates to graphic card capability. Hence, it might have attracted more attention if posted in the Helproom.

I believe that the video ouput generated by the card will have the same characterics on any output. These will be in just a differently modulated form. So, if you zoom, all outputs will show a zoomed picture.Since you have a laptop, it might be possible for you to connect to a TV via one of the outputs to confirm this. I believe you would two video cards to achieve your aim.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

NO.
Learn the PS short cut keys - to zoom in Control and plus and same again but use the minus key to zoom out. David

Like this post
amnim

Likes # 0

Hello,

I have to say you have share the nice information about the Dual Screen Solution?? which is good to see in this thread and it may be helpful for everyone also.I have also something new which may be important for you also for more go to the link below:-

Thanks!!

[url=click here] TurboFire Workout DVD[/url]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room