We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost iTunes store

davecooper

Likes # 0

Since (I think) I downloaded an iTunes update a few days ago, I cannot connect to the iTunes store. My internet connection is fine but I just get an 'unable to establish a connection' message. Any ideas? The download may have nothing to do with it, it is just a bit of a coincidence.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I also downloaded the update a few days ago, but have not experienced any problems with accessing the store.

If the store servers are experiencing particularly heavy loads it's theoretically possible you may get the 'unable to establish...' error message, but normally things run pretty well. We're talking about some seriously heavy duty servers as far as iTunes is concerned, they should be more than capable of handling the traffic.

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Just to clarify the error message, it is "unable to connect to the iTunes store, check your internet connection and retry" The internet connection is fine. I have also checked that the firewall exceptions is ticked for iTunes. Are there any more settings that could be wrong?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

don't know if this is your problem but I've had that mesage with other sites. Clearing cookies normally puts it right.

Like this post
^wave^

Likes # 0

from another post
click here

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Seems to be plenty of fixes out there so I will try each one and see how it goes. As they say "other music download sites are also available"

Like this post
mlinbinbin

Likes # 0

ipod make me confused sometimes.In fact,you can do wahtever you want to do just with a good tool.

I think transfer files from iPod to Mac need iMacsoft [url=click here]ipod to mac[/url] Transfer.
Well,copy files from [url=click here] ipod to pc [/url] is easy for me with best software.
And, if you are looking for the [url=click here]best dvd converter[/url], here it is.
Have a good day!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Looks like spam.
I have had no problems with iTunes since the recent update (W7, 64 bit and iPod Touch and Classic)

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

did you download from the update button that poped up or direct from there site.I found downloading from itunes site (I`m on Vista 64)was better less problems,well for me anyway.I have no idea why but that`s the way it seems to be.

Like this post
dasli

Likes # 0

Very useful

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite