We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Remote control another iPhone

BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

Hello all, Does anyone know how to control an iphone from another iPhone? Preferably without jailbreaking it.
Thanks

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

would you want to do that?

Like this post
BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

First off, my wife and I have both got iPhones. We've just put a TV into our bedroom, but there is no aerial point. So instead of drilling holes through all the walls, I have brought the TV cable for the iphone. It all works brilliantly, can now watch TV in bed.
The downside is having to get out of bed every time to change the channel.
I've looked at the universal dock that comes with a remote, but that only appears to control the ipod part of the phone. So by remote accessing the one that is connected to the TV would solve everything.

Like this post
BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

I'm starting to think that this is impossible. I've been searching for ages now and thinking of every possible word combination to find something but nothing. Can anyone suggest another way that I might achieve what I'm after?

Like this post
BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

ok.. had a rethink. If I just use my pc as a go between that should solve it. (Control iphone from pc, then conrtol pc on the other iphone).
The issue I'm having now is, there doesn't appear to be many apps for controling your iphone from your pc without jailbreaking the phone first.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Get an aerial, it is far easier than all that messing around. Or are you just trying to show off with your iphone.

Like this post
BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

Well using the phone would be good as I do a lot of travelling and have movies stored on my phone. So would be nice to control it by other means. Nothing to do with showing off. If I wanted to, I would have got a mini projector for it lol.
Will just have to wait for the jailbreak I guess.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...