We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot send emails

Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I have a sony ericsson vizar,which I use pretty much everyday to access the internet. I have successfully configured it to receive emails(when talktalk actually works)but I cannot fathom where I'm going wrong for the sending.I'm on vodaphone contract but doubt this is the reason for my failure to setup sending.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to send via the Vodafone mobile smtp server?

use either smtp.vizzavi.co.uk or send.vodafone.net

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Thanks Peter,will recheck the send settings and try using vodaphone.net.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I changed it to smtp.vivaz.co.uk and it now says "unable to send to [email protected]" and then asks me to check mailbox settings.I'll persevere a while longer and see what happens when I have altered the mailbox password & email accounts to send,though don't understand why it receives mail just not send.Surely if the mailbox username/password are incorrect,it shouldn't receive?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've tried both vivaz.co.uk and send.vodaphone.net but both cause my phone to lovk up,and I end up havimg to remove the battery as even the on/off button ceases responding. I've tried taking it back to the shop,but they refused to assist as they claimed it could be construed as a security breach. Any other suggestions?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

smtp.vodafone.net for outbound mail, and use your vodafone account username and password to authenticate yourself on the server.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Now I'm just getting a message stating "Internet server not found" with "smtp.vodafone.net" as the sending connection.I'm sure that this problem is easily solved if I could ensure the details are correct,but each time I've changed them the phone has either locked up(requiring battery removal as even the power button quits functioning)or thrown up the "not found" message.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...