We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Losing ITV on Freeview

wids001

Likes # 0

I have an Acer touchscreen computer which has Freeview built in, for which I use a dedicated ariel which is ointed towards London.

For the past few months it has worked fine. However, recently I have been unable to get ITV1, CH4 or 5 because of a "weak signal". ITV2, 3 & 4 and all other channels still worked fine.

On Monday evening I decided to retune this and was surprised when ITV1 - Tyne Tees came up as a found channel. I live in the London/Anglia region. Anyway, following the retune I was able to watch all channels that evening no problem.

Last night, Tuesday, I switched on and ITV1 was again blank because of a weak signal - All other channels were fine. Another retune and once again only ITV1 Tyne Tees came up on the found channel list, but once completed I was again able to watch this channel with no problems. No doubt tonight I will be experiencing problems again.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know why the found list is showing Tyne Tees when I live in Southern England. I also noticed that lst night's returne brought up BBC1 North East & BBC2 North West! However the local news at 10pm on BBC1 was from London! Could it be to do with the hot weather?

Thanks in advance

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

There is an explanation of the multiplexing and demultiplexing process used in transmitting the multi channel digital freeview signal here

click here

Cheers HC

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

See
click here

I have also bookmarked- sorts the wheat from the chaff in all this techno babble

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

You need to retune your tuner. As Jack says some shuffling of Multiplex's has occurred as well as some undeclared engineering work at Crystal Palace transmitter which is effecting reception. So do a complete retune and you should find the correct stations in the correct locations on the EPG.

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

Sory but I am not too technically minded and have no idea what multiplexes are!

Again, last night, no ITV1 ... weak signal. All other channels were working fine. Retuned and bingo, ITV1 was back!

Why just ITV1 - this is what I cannot understand.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

certasin station I could get have gone SWOL and other the the EPG listed but would not 'play' have dissappeared completely

this is a good place for an depth seek.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad