We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sharp LCD TV Audio Out Problem

grovelli

Likes # 0

I recently bought a Sharp LCD tv and I'm able to record the audio from the various tv broadcasts using a mono tape recorder connected to the white(left channel) audio out socket at the back of the set.
Problem is I have a vhs vcr connected to the Scart 2 socket(which is a half scart) on the tv and when I play back a vhs cassette, apparently no signal seems to reach the white audio out socket. I can hear the sound when the videocassette is being played through the earphones output socket on the tv set though. How can I get around this considering that the SCART 1 socket on the tv is already used for the satellite decoder?

Like this post
coconut enigma

Likes # 0

Hi there

Has the TV got a headphone socket anywhere? Took a while for me to find one on my Sharp - on the left hand control panel....

Just a thought!

Like this post
grovelli

Likes # 0

Hi, like I said in the opening post, I can hear the sound when the videocassette is being played through the earphones output socket on the tv set.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014