We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Agroup of Jpegs all display the same thmbnail

jack

Likes # 0

But when opened will display the true image.
Can the thumbnail be substituted for the correct one?

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Have printed your tip off and pinned to the board so that I can the required when I find that folder again.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

In Windows try opening the folder and click on "View", change the view from "Thumbnails" to "Details", if you can see a file in there called Thumbs.db delete it, close then reopen the folder and click on "View" again, change it back to "Thumbnails".

If you cannot see the thumbs.db file you will need to click on "Tools>Folder Options" click on the "View" tab and choose "Show hidden files and folders", select it and click on "Apply", you should now be able to see the Thumbs.db

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

This particular batch have been like it for years - but out of sight out of mind - it was only because
I needed to look up an old picture it came to light once more.
What I will do when I am in an image shuffling mood will send one to this thread via the normal image sending route and see if the problem 'travels'

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

try right clicking one properties and see if there is a option to change it.
Is this a recent development or has it always been the same because I've never heard of anything like this.
Try using a different program to see if it is the one you are using thats causing this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer