We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PAYG with no complications.

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I hate mobile phones (that's better now that I've got that off my chest).

I have reluctantly owned a phone for a couple of years because I have a business, so could be useful if I am sat in a traffic jam on the M6. Now, business is so bad that I'm unlikely ever to have to near the M6, never mind get stuck on it. My contract with Virgin runs out shortly, so I want a simple PAYG, seeing as I only ever use about 20 mins a month even with making calls I would normally have made with a real phone to try and use up my minutes.

I have deliberately avoided knowing much about phones, but I am aware that I can unlock this phone from the Virgin manacle, though obviously I haven't tried this out. Every time I look at PAYG on t'internet, I keep seeing things about minimum monthly top-ups, but wait a minute....isn't PAYG supposed to avoid the need for monthly payments? I do not text anyone as I don't want RSI or for anyone to think I'm a moron playing with my toy at every conceivable moment, so I could have a million inclusive texts and I wouldn't use one. All I want to do is have a phone on my desk or in my glove compartment that I can top up when I want, which will be very seldom, and forget about it.

Where should I be looking to achieve what appears to be a simple goal?

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

Cheap and cheerful... click here ...alB

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

That appears to be appropriate. I can't see any obvious catches.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote