We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MP3 player for sight impaired person

awest3

Likes # 0

My mother-in-law has been listening to spoken word tapes ever since she had a stroke which took away most of her eyesight. She has tried to update to CD which is ok, but also loses its place when turned off. She now has a little box which takes a usb flash drive and includes little speakers (quite powerful, it only cost £20 and apart from losing its place when switched off works fairly well.
I'd like to find an MP3 player (able to play direct from USB input) which will allow fast forward and rewind. . It also needs an output socket so that it can be connected to speakers. It needs to be able to bookmark a place and retain that bookmark even if the device is turned off (I know I'm asking a lot here). If possible it should also include a screen (for me rather than the visually impaired person). If anyone knows of such a device or one which comes near I'd be grateful if you would let me know.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

There are 2 possibles from RNIB though neither seem to do everything you want. click here

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

thanks for this...
yep its the boombox which she is using at the moment...the other one plays sd cards but not usb sticks...neither hold position if switched off.. maybe such an mp3 player does not exist..I'll keep looking though..thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...