We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I have heard that the HTC Desire

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

has been named as the best mobile phone in the world, and as it's available from my network provider (T-Mobile), and as I'm going to be entering a new contract in 8 weeks time I wondered if I should forget about a new Blackberry and go for the HTC.

Does anyone have any opinions on the subject?

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Am in very similar position to FE so would also be glad of opinions. Especially, has anyone got any experience of it's Bluetooth performance and, specifically, pairing it (successfully or otherwise) with the new Honda Accord hands-free systems?

Thanks

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

I say 'interestingly', because that usually means (a) it's rubbish or (b) it's so popular that the PR teams can't get hold of stock. Speaking to a chap I know at the BBC it is definitely the latter, and after I was having a play with one at the weekend, I can see why. It really is a nice piece of kit. Even better - we got it in the UK before they did in the States! Hence our sister title PC World calling it 'the best technology you can't buy'.

We're hoping to get a review sample soon. You can find a decent deal on the Desire via PC Advisor's Mobile Phone store:

click here

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

It would be good to have a comparison with the Desire and the iPhone 4g allegedly due this month.

Having had HTC phones in the past their biggest problem was they were quite flimsy and prone to breaking. I hope this is not the case with the Desire because the review I read gave it a huge thumbs up.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Actually the HTC Desire I saw had a cracked camera, 48 hours after purchase! We're on the case to get a review, still having to wait...

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

its very good, i have one, there are a few things that are worse than the iphone, but many more that are better

price aside id still go for the desire over the iphone cause of its customisation.

i have £25 a month contract
free phone
300 mins
unlimited texts
3GB soft internet limit

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

oh and 18mnths not 2 years

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...